Differential Phase Shift Keying (DPSK) is a type of phase modulation in which the phase of a carrier signal is changed based on the data being transmitted. In DPSK, the phase of the carrier signal is shifted by 180 degrees for a binary “1” and left unchanged for a binary “0”. DPSK is less susceptible to noise and interference than other types of phase modulation, making it a popular choice for wireless communications systems.
Differential Phase Shift Keying (DPSK) Implementation
DPSK implementation typically involves the following steps:
- Modulation: The data to be transmitted is converted into a binary sequence and used to modulate the phase of a carrier signal. A binary “1” is represented by a phase shift of 180 degrees, while a binary “0” is represented by no phase shift.
- Transmission: The modulated signal is transmitted over a communication channel, such as a wired or wireless link.
- Demodulation: The received signal is demodulated to recover the original data. This is typically done by comparing the phase of the received signal to a reference signal and determining whether the phase has been shifted.
- Decoding: The demodulated data is decoded to recover the original information.
It’s worth noting that DPSK implementation can be done in software or hardware. In software, the modulation, demodulation and decoding stages can be implemented with a computer program, while in hardware, the modulation, demodulation and decoding stages can be implemented with dedicated electronic circuits.
Also, depending on the specific application, different forms of DPSK can be used, such as Differential Quadrature Phase Shift Keying (DQPSK) which uses four phase states instead of two, or Minimum Shift Keying (MSK) which is a specific form of DQPSK, but the concept remains the same.
clc; clear al; close all; N=10; bk=round(rand(1,N)); br=10^6; f=br; T=1/br; grid on; subplot(4,1,1); stem(bk,'linewidth',1.5); title('INFORMATION BITS TO BE TRANSMITTED'); axis([0 11 0 1.5]); dk=1; coded =[dk]; for i=1:length(bk) temp=~xor(dk,bk(i)); coded=[coded temp]; dk=temp; end subplot(4,1,2); stem(coded,'linewidth',1.5); grid on; title('Differentially encoded signal'); axis([0 11 0 1.5]); coded_PNRZ=2*coded-1; mod_sig=; t=T/99:T/99:T; for i=1:length(coded) temp=coded_PNRZ(i)*sqrt(2/T)*cos(2*pi*f*t); mod_sig=[mod_sig temp]; end subplot(4,1,3); tt=T/99:T/99:(T*length(coded)); plot(tt,mod_sig,'linewidth',1.5); title('dpsk modulation signal'); grid on; rec_sig=mod_sig; rec_data=; for i=1:length(coded)-1 y_in=rec_sig((i-1)*length(t)+1:i*length(t)).*rec_sig((i)*length(t)+1:(i+1)*length(t)); y_in_intg=trapz(t,y_in); if (y_in_intg>0) temp=1; else temp=0; end rec_data=[rec_data temp]; end subplot(4,1,4); stem(rec_data,'linewidth',3); title('received information bits'); axis([0 11 0 1.5]);
Join us for Regular Updates
|Join our Telegram||connectkreations|
More Matlab Projects
- Microwave and Antenna Various Matlab CodesMicrowave and Antenna Various Matlab Codes. Some of the Projects are below. Polar form for a Symmetrical Dipole of Finite… Read more: Microwave and Antenna Various Matlab Codes
- Multiple Input Multiple Output(MIMO) using MatlabIntroduction Multiple Input Multiple Output(MIMO) using Matlab. Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) is a technology used in wireless communication systems… Read more: Multiple Input Multiple Output(MIMO) using Matlab
- Pulse Width Modulation(PWM) working Principal using MatlabIntroduction Pulse Width Modulation(PWM) working Principal using Matlab. PWM stands for Pulse Width Modulation. It is a type of digital… Read more: Pulse Width Modulation(PWM) working Principal using Matlab
- Quadrature Amplitude Modulation(QAM): Theory and MatlabIntroduction Quadrature Amplitude Modulation(QAM): Theory and Matlab QAM stands for Quadrature Amplitude Modulation. It is a method of combining two… Read more: Quadrature Amplitude Modulation(QAM): Theory and Matlab
- Polar form for a Symmetrical Dipole of Finite Length: Matlab ScriptPolar form for a Symmetrical Dipole of Finite Length: Matlab Script. This Experiment include finding of: Introduction The polar form… Read more: Polar form for a Symmetrical Dipole of Finite Length: Matlab Script
- Radiated Power and Maximum Directivity of any Antenna: Theory and Matlab codeRadiated Power and Maximum Directivity of any Antenna: Theory and Matlab code. Introduction The radiated power of an antenna refers… Read more: Radiated Power and Maximum Directivity of any Antenna: Theory and Matlab code
- Polar form for a Loop Antenna with Uniform Current: Theory and Matlab codeIntroduction The polar form for a loop antenna with uniform current can be determined using the far-field approximation and the… Read more: Polar form for a Loop Antenna with Uniform Current: Theory and Matlab code
- Two Dimensional(2-D) Polar and Semi-Polar Patters using Matlab codeIntroduction Two Dimensional(2-D) Polar and Semi-Polar Patters using Matlab code. Two-dimensional (2-D) polar and semi-polar patterns are graphical representations of… Read more: Two Dimensional(2-D) Polar and Semi-Polar Patters using Matlab code
Learn how to get ready for placement and crack interviews trick
- How to study for College Placements | How to get into Product Based Companies?
- Placement Roadmap for Top Companies
- Placement Strategies- A plan of Succeed-Interview
- For Placement Preparation. Placement Cell
- FOR MORE COURSES. FREE COURSES
- FOR Job Updates. JOB AND INTERNSHIP UPADTES
- For Latest Trends in Technology. Technology Blog
- For Quotes and Poems. Quotes-Poems
About Connect Kreations
We the team Connect Kreations have started a Blog page which is eminently beneficial to all the students those who are seeking jobs and are eager to develop themselves in a related area. As the world is quick on uptake, our website also focuses on latest trends in recent technologies. We are continuously putting our efforts to provide you with accurate, best quality, and genuine information. Here we also have complete set of details on how to prepare aptitude, interview and more of such placement/ off campus placement preparation.
Connect Kreations is excited to announce the expansion of our services into the realm of content creation! We are now offering a wide range of creative writing services, including poetry, articles, and stories.
Whether you need a heartfelt poem for a special occasion, a thought-provoking article for your blog or website, or an engaging story to captivate your audience, our team of talented writers is here to help. We have a passion for language and a commitment to creating high-quality content that is both original and engaging.
Our services are perfect for individuals, businesses, and organizations looking to add a touch of creativity and personality to their content. We are confident that our unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds will bring a fresh and exciting voice to your project.
Thank you for choosing Connect Kreations for your content creation needs. We look forward to working with you and helping you to bring your vision to life!
The website is open to all and we want all of you to make the best use of this opportunity and get benefit from it..🤓